Mobile Performance–the tale of the tape
Running some tests this afternoon and thought that these results were interesting.
In case you’re in a hurry – Blaze.io’s results are nearly a second faster than a desktop browser on a 22mbps cable connection!
- Test link – Steve Souders Cuzillion
- Test browsers – latest version of Safari and Firefox
- Performance apps – Web Inspector (Safari) & Firebug (latest version)
- Connection – Comcast Cable 22mbps
- Blaze.io – their network connection link
#1 – Safari on an iMac i7
13 GET requests (2 errors) 20.59kbs of data in 4.63 seconds
#2 – Firefox on an iMac i7
10 GET requests (no errors) 12.6kbs of data in 4.62 seconds
#3 – Blaze.io (link to actual test)
11 GET requests, 14.6kbs of data in 3.67 seconds
Posted in: Context, Performance, Uncategorized, User Experience, What: Device Information, Where: Location Information, Who: User Information